You will work as part of an agile multi-disciplinary team of Developers, Designers, Analysts and IT specialists. Day-to-day you will be using your experience and technical skills to support the team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team, helping to ensure that products are delivered in a manner that is aligned with wider business service development activities.
- Work with the Product Owner and a genuinely co-located multi-disciplinary team of approximately 30 people; policy experts, interaction designers, business analysts, technical and security staff to design, build and iterate our services.
- Remove blockers that relate to our service delivery activities.
- Create an environment conducive to self-organising people and teams, and be ready to step in with advice where needed.
- Get the best out of both Agile and non-Agile team members with guidance and support in understanding requirements.
- Maintain discipline in an environment with conflicting priorities and demands.
- Help to bridge the different disciplines in the team in order to enable effective delivery from everyone.
- Have experience of Agile and Waterfall delivery methods, learning and iterating frequently throughout the entire project lifecycle (build, test, release).
- Have experience in working in a multi-team portfolio delivery structure.
- Have the ability to work closely with the Product Owner to define the roadmap for any given service and translate this into user stories / requirements.
- Oversee the collaborative, dynamic planning process; helping prioritise the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
- Have experience of Digital Services.
- Ensure that our services and products are built to an appropriate level of quality.
- Actively participate in the Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills, knowledge and bringing in best practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to keep the long-term solution in focus and plan for risk.
- Understand the differences between Agile and Waterfall methods and how they can be applied together for success.
- Facilitate planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
- Thrive in a fast-moving, changing environment.
- Have an understanding of the challenges and tensions inherent in working in an agile environment, within an organisation more used to waterfall project management