We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst who wants to contribute to the most demanding and exciting digital service for the UK Government, delivering real value to a live service operating at scale in a large and diverse multi-disciplinary team.
We’re aiming to create a service that works seamlessly cross-channel. You'll need to be focused on meeting the needs of our diverse users, while working within a complex policy framework, and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders.
You’ll need to be able to:
- Work across the product delivery lifecycle to bring together business needs with technical capabilities, with the goal of defining solutions that deliver value.
- Facilitate analysis sessions, making sure that you are drawing out critical requirements.
- Explain your analysis clearly, particularly to Developers, QAs, Product Managers and assurance specialists throughout the analysis cycle.
- Break down epics into user stories, working with technical colleagues as well as subject matter experts to deliver outcome focused solutions.
- You will have great analysis skills and have experience of working in an agile multidisciplinary team of Developers, Designers, and QAs.
- Working closely with User centred design colleagues to shape, develop and iterate the service design using agile principles
- Ensuring that we focus on delivering outcomes and real value for our end users whilst also championing the voice of the business
- Breaking down epics to create user stories and acceptance criteria, bringing together designers, developers, SMEs and stakeholders
- Ensuring that user stories are congruent with the application architecture and security principles
- Working with developers to ensure that the stories are implemented effectively and deliver the user needs
- Working with QA colleagues to develop tests, and support quality assurance to ensure that completed stories are signed-off by the Product Manager
- Working with your team to facilitate estimation and prioritisation sessions
- Ensuring there is an audit trail of delivering user needs and business requirements through Jira and other relevant tools
- Documenting your analysis, questions, assumptions, and processes using appropriate tools such as Confluence
- Working with the BA team and wider analysis community to ensure high quality delivery and continuously learn from and improve analysis practices