As a Digital Delivery Manager you will be accountable for the effective delivery of complex, high-risk products and services. You will have experience across a range of products and services, throughout the entire product life cycle, and have some responsibility and accountability as a point of escalation.
You will also be accountable for the performance of the product team within your portfolio and line management/development of the Associate Delivery Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Build and maintain the team, ensuring they are motivated, collaborating and working well
- Identify obstacles and help the team to overcome them
- Focus the team on what is most important to the delivery of products and services within your product portfolio and pipeline; ensuring the roadmap and plans are updated frequently and communicated as required.
- Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement of the delivery team
- Coach and mentor both team members and others such as stakeholders, senior civil servants and key users to apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques
- Work with suppliers to ensure development is prioritised and meets criteria defined by the product manager
- working on the procurement of digital services and tools in advance, working with the Digital Services Team, the business owners, product owners and Commercial Teams at the earliest stages to ensure business continuity and the right people are available. This will include putting together business cases, bids, negotiating and agreeing contracts.
- Work with managing 3rd party supplier contracts for managed services and software subscriptions.
- Work with colleagues to maximise operational and financial performance whilst reducing financial risks and costs.
- Supporting our understanding of other organisations business objectives and asks and how these may affect our future plans, and making recommendations on these.