You will have outstanding skills and be ready to quickly get to work within an agile multi-disciplinary team of Developers, Designers, and Analysts. Day-to-day you will be an integral part of that team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government.
- Be involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Have knowledge of tools and techniques used within the wider team, both Developers and Non-Developers.
- Have expert knowledge of cross-browser considerations.
- Have expert knowledge of Responsive Web Design.
- Have knowledge of web accessibility and WCAG.
- Have knowledge of UX and usability.
- Have an ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Have proven experience maintaining a large and dynamic code base.
- Have experience working on technical projects within a team.
- Have working knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
- Have knowledge of the use of version control systems such as subversion or git.
- Have the ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
- Have experience of building high-traffic websites.
- Understand web architecture.
It would also be desirable to:
- Have knowledge of client side build tools: grunt, gulp or similar
- Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
- Have a working knowledge of Mustache templates, Java 7 and Node.js.
- Have experience with test driven development using toolsets such as Mocha and Jasmine