• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver highly user focused and successful digital services.
• Produce design concepts for digital services, often working to very tight deadlines, and work with front end developers to implement those concepts.
• Work with user researchers to ensure all output, internal and external, is well designed and user focused.
• Design and create communication material ensuring all elements are well designed, consistent and user focused.
• Partner with colleagues to facilitate a consistent user experience, including by designing reusable elements of a digital service.
• Build relationships and work effectively within an agile delivery model with colleagues and external providers, for example user researchers and business analysts.
• Deliver high quality finished digital service designs that meet web standards and GDS/GOV.UK design principles, ensuring that elements such as accessibility are built into designs from the outset.
• Proactively seek new learning opportunities and look to continually improve by gaining feedback from your peers and the business.
Practical experience in designing interfaces and transaction flows for the web.
Ability to prototype for the web & design in browser.
A good basic understanding of web technologies and how they affect design, including accessibility.
Experience of web and mobile application interface design. Core skills: sketching, design production, hand-coded HTML & CSS, rapid prototyping; Responsive web interactions design for mobile devices.