- Design accessible services that are simple enough for everyone to use.
- Determine the best way for users to interact with services, the overall flow and individual design elements.
- Mentor and train other designers, supporting the growth and development of the interaction design team.
- Identifying, developing and using best practice and standards to design service consistent with the rest of government
- Advocating for users and understanding user needs to design simple, effective and accessible services
- Creating prototypes and concepts to communicate and test ideas with users and improving with evidence
- Mapping user journeys, processes and visualising design problems
- Collaborating within a multidisciplinary team on large, complex services by facilitating the design process, participating in research activities, workshops and communicating design decisions to the team and stakeholders
You will have an understanding of the way the internet works, experience of designing in an agile environment and be driven to help government transform the way it delivers services so that they are simpler, faster and easier to use.
- Knowledge of government design
- GDS Design
- Experience of working in an agile space