You will own and lead content standards in line with design community across government, and ensure content is accessible, clear and simple for users across the globe to interact with government. You will lead product delivery with a user-centred design eye.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading user centred design for services and ensuring best practice is applied.
- Running user-centred design for individual services and contributing to cross-functional delivery teams.
- Working with senior stakeholders to influence organisational strategy
- Leading and coach a team with agile and lean principles, determining the right approach for the team.
- Considering new and innovative ways of working to achieve the right outcomes
- Working with the Government Digital Service to lead and champion the content community, with a global network of digital editors on latest GOV.UK developments and embedding best practice.
Content Design Leadership:
- Leading the design of content information to meet user needs, and ensuring all content published is in line with Government Digital Service (GDS) editorial standards
- Managing content plans, liaising with other leads within the wider organisation to develop an overall content strategy
- Manage content publishing strategy and be responsible for all publishing on Gov.uk.
Service Design leadership:
- Lead end-to-end design of digital services
- Incorporate people, operational and policy understanding and how these affect services accessed via Gov.uk
- Understand user pain-points and how to incorporate them into service mapping, and best practice on using user-research to inform design decisions.
- Directing and understand evaluation of strategy against objectives
- Monitoring the performance of content and tools, working with multidisciplinary teams to understand user behaviour and feedback
- Using analytics to define how content is used and implement improvements that enhance the user experience and improve communication