- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver highly user focused and successful digital services.
- Produce design concepts for digital services, often working to very tight deadlines, and work with front end developers to implement those concepts.
- Work with user researchers to ensure all output, internal and external, is well designed and user focused.
- Design and create communication material ensuring all elements are well designed, consistent and user focused.
- Partner with colleagues to facilitate a consistent user experience, including by designing reusable elements of a digital service.
- Build relationships and work effectively within an agile delivery model with colleagues and external providers, for example user researchers and business analysts.
- Deliver high quality finished digital service designs that meet web standards and GDS/GOV.UK design principles, ensuring that elements such as accessibility are built into designs from the outset.
- Proactively seek new learning opportunities and look to continually improve by gaining feedback from your peers and the business.
- Practical experience in designing interfaces and transaction flows for the web.
- Ability to prototype for the web & design in browser.
- A good basic understanding of web technologies and how they affect design, including accessibility.
- Experience of web and mobile application interface design. Core skills: sketching, design production, hand-coded HTML & CSS, rapid prototyping; Responsive web interactions design for mobile devices.