You will pick up feeds from numerous sources, such as the Service Desk, Product teams and End Users and collate knowledge within easy to use repositories. You will be responsible for promoting collective learning and facilitating the sharing of ‘tacit’ knowledge, fostering an environment which promotes knowledge exchange by promoting techniques and tools for knowledge sharing.
- Documenting and maintaining Knowledge Management strategies, processes and procedures for the capture, storage, validation and retrieval of knowledge.
- Enabling the Service Desk, Product Teams and Resolver Groups to create knowledge articles resulting from the resolution of Incidents and Problems to ensure that all critical knowledge is retained.
- Developing and maintaining the Knowledge Base, identifying critical knowledge to ensure that all users are equipped with the IT knowledge required to do their day to day activities.
- Completing quality spot checks on knowledge articles, ensuring that published content is of an appropriate standard and in line with accessibility requirements.
- Performing the role of Major Incident Manager on an ad hoc basis, as part of a wider Major Incident support team, coordinating the resolution of Major Incidents.
- Completing timely reporting activity on the usage of knowledge articles flagging knowledge articles which are un-used for review.
- Championing knowledge management awareness, tools and techniques.
- Proactively focusing on continuous improvement of self and service, working with others to improve the user experience, simplify processes and improve efficiency of IT Services.
We are looking for someone with strong technical skills and a proven track record of enabling Knowledge Management as well as:
- A minimum of ITIL Foundation
- Strategic Thinking
- User Focus
- Service Focus
- Continual Service Improvement
- Service Management Framework knowledge