As the Swift Technical Assurance SME, you will be responsible for influencing the design and implementation of an updated payment gateway solution.
You will be steering and supporting crucial design decisions, with a focus on ensuring that solutions are supportable long term. You will work closely with other technology teams and domains to lead the work to automate infrastructure provision and embed Agile development methodology.
- Able to pioneer and own technical expertise that spans all areas of the external payment interfaces.
- In the context of our agile methodology, help teams agree and meet delivery commitments.
- Being involved in the supplier processes (deep dives, vendor assessments etc).
- Provision of critical insight on designs and code reviews at a low level of technical detail.
- Delivering and presenting Proofs of Concept variants to users.
- Phasing/Migration planning: Contributing and identifying key constraints around migration from as-is to new.
- Providing input and technical assurance of messaging and interface designs associated to payment messaging.
- Review and management of road maps and change activity associated to payment messaging systems.
- Provisioning and ongoing maintenance of interface and solution designs.
- Engagement and management of external vendors concerning technical roadmaps and evolving functionality.
- Mentoring and coaching in support of the wider SWIFT and messaging capabilities.
Your skills and experience:
- Ability to think strategically, using judgement and prioritising effectively.
- Collegiate and political awareness, to be able to understand and work through conflicting requirements.
- Ability to understand highly complex architecture, infrastructure, primary and secondary corporate wide systems and business processes.
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions.
- Ability to leverage technology to deliver business value
- Experience working with large blue chip System Integrators
- Experience with large IT projects.
- Significant experience with SWIFT products and interfaces (e.g. SWIFT Alliance Messaging Hub, SWIFT Alliance Gateway).
- Significant experience with ISO 20022 messaging standards and services (e.g. SWIFT Alliance Messaging Hub, SWIFT Alliance Gateway).
- Understanding of RTGS and CHAPS messaging interfaces and schemas.
- Understanding of networking protocols, basic firewall rules.
- Experience of building and operating highly available, mission critical architecture, distributed systems and micro services architecture, containerisation with underlying Devops strategy and practices.
- Broad experience with financial, accounting or payments systems, products and services supporting the payment services in the financial industry.
- Strong people leadership experience, including the ability to build and implement a shared vision and delivery of outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software or Electronic Engineering or other related discipline.
- Working understanding of Technology Automation Tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible)